Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Soccer Anyone


I love doing pieces like this, because it meant something. I was approached by the shipping lady I do business with to do this painting. It may not look like anything special, but to me it is. There is a young man who played soccer for a local high school. He was a wonderful soccer player and had even earned a scholarship. A few months ago he was in a very bad car accident and is facing some serious health issues. As it stands today he may never play soccer again. The lady asked me how much I would charge to paint something for him. I told her to purchase the canvas and that was it. I want my work to touch peoples heart. It doesn't always have to be about money. The players and coaches signed it they are giving it to him Friday. I hope he enjoys it.

No comments: